A blind mystic who many claim predicted 9/11, the rise of ISIS, the Boxing Day tsumani and Brexit also foresaw two major events in 2018.
Bulgarian Baba Vanga — who died in 1996 at the age of 85 — is well known among conspiracy theorists who believe she foretold natural disasters and global events long before they occurred.
Before she died, Baba — dubbed the “Nostradamus from the Balkans” — left predictions up to the 51st century, when she believed the world would end.
For 2018, she foresaw two world-changing events.
They were that China will become the world’s next “superpower,” taking over from the US, and “a new form of energy” will be discovered on Venus.
So could these predictions actually come true?
China’s economy has been steadily expanding over the last few years.
In 1970, the country made up just 4.1 percent of the total world’s economy, but this rose to 15.6 percent in 2015 and it is continuing to rise.
It has not yet overtaken the US, but could soon do so.
In 2015, the US contributed 16.7 percent of the world’s economy, but this is expected to fall to 14.9 percent in 2025, according to Forbes.
When it comes to Venus, there are no current plans to send a space mission there.
However, the Parker Solar Probe, named after solar astrophysicist Eugene Parker, is scheduled to launch in July 2018 and will investigate the outer corona of the sun.
While it won’t land on Venus, it will use the planet’s gravitational force to pass around the sun.
The craft’s mission is to determine the structure of the magnetic fields at the sources of solar wind, trace the flow of energy that heats the plasma surrounding the sun and explore dusty plasma and its influence on solar wind and energetic particle formation.
Baba Vanga is said to have predicted 9/11 by claiming “two steel birds” would attack the “American brethren.”
She reportedly said: “Horror, horror! The American brethren will fall after being attacked by the steel birds. The wolves will be howling in a bush and innocent blood will be gushing.”
She was also said to have foreseen Brexit when she said Europe as we know it will “cease to exist” by the end of 2016, and she warned of the rise of an extremist Muslim army that would invade Europe, thought to refer to the rise of ISIS.
Other future events Baba warned the world about include the end of world hunger by 2028, Mars’ colonies gaining nuclear weapons by 2256 and Earth becoming unhabitable from 2341.
Did Baba Vanga have any other predictions?
Oh yes, many. She said:
- That the 44th President would be black. Vanga correctly predicted Barack Obama becoming the US President in 2008.
- Europe will cease to exist: According to Vanga, the continent will cease to exist by 2016, and all that would remain will be empty spaces and wasteland, nearly devoid of any form of life. She is reported to have said that chemical weapons would be used by extremists against Europe.
- Muslims will invade Europe: The blind mystic had also predicted that Muslims will invade Europe, and there will be widespread destruction by extremists, which will go on for many years, until the continent ceases to exist. She had also predicted that a Great Muslim War will begin in Syria.
- China will become the new super power: She says China is set to become the new superpower in 2018, bringing an end to the United States and its economy. According to her, the exploiters (the developed nations) will become the exploited (the third world).
- On to Venus: Humans will travel to Venus, according to the Baba, in search of new energy sources. They might even set up a colony there.
- The death of the Earth: By 3797, everything on Earth will cease to exist. However, humans will be advanced enough to move to a new star system.